Friday, October 26, 2012

First Miss

I want to become a runner because I feel it can take me places. I want to run marathons even if I'm not going to place in the winners circle. I feel running is going to put me in a healthy place. It has always been difficult for me. I start a lot of things and lose track a long the way that I have a habit of not finishing what I started. I'd like to do something that proves I have some degree of dedication.


Since I first started this blog I've done something every day. Either yoga or weight lifting, some times I go for a bike ride or play tennis with my husband. I wanted to do a run at least three times a week until I got the one mile down to 8 minutes. Once I could really one mile I'd add on another and repeat the process till I could run both miles in 15 minutes and so on. I didn't train yesterday. I missed the morning window I reserved for training and as I predicted I did nothing in the evening. I know there are some days I'm going to be to busy especially starting out. I was so sore I didn't really motivate or push myself. I know myself well enough to know I could plan to run all seven days of the week and still only run three. At this point I don't have confidence or dedication. I spend a lot of time researching. I research positive change. Researching running form and pacing strategies. Researching stretches for runners. I know going to hard to soon is a bad idea but I want to find a faster way rather than the walking/jogging they suggest for beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment